This project intends to develop a Windows forms based file explorer to browse/transfer files over PowerShell 2.0 remoting channel. The file transfer module is written by @oising. This project will use Oisin's module as is for file
There is also a PowerGUI PowerPack available with the same functionality. Check it out at
1. PowerShell 2.0
2. pModem 0.5 or later pModem download:
Make sure you copy this module to all remote computer to the $ENV:PSModulePath
3. You need to run this script with admin elevated privileges
1. Enable PS remoting on computers by using Enable-PSRemoting. For guidance on how to do this in a workgroup environment check
or Read this eBook
2. Check PS remoting on each computer by using Enter-PSSession -ComputerName Localhost
3. Make sure execution policy is set to run unsigned scripts
4. Download the latest release and extract it to c:\scripts. At present, this path is hardcoded for pulling the node images. If you don;t like it, change the path in the script.
Running the Script
At PowerShell command prompt, dot source the PS1 script. This opens up the forms interface. By default, Localhost is always displayed in the tree view. You can add a remote computer by clicking on Add Computer button.
To transfer a file click on the Row header and then click Get Remote File
At present, this supports only remote file transfers. Sending local files to remote machines is not implemented yet. The Get Remote File and Send Local file button are context aware and get enabled or disabled based on the machine context.
Check the release notes for a list of known issues